Despite recent efforts to improve mental health services for African Americans and other minority groups, barriers remain regarding access to and quality of care. The barriers include:
- Stigma associated with mental illness
- Distrust of the health care system
- Lack of providers from diverse racial/ethnic backgrounds
- Lack of culturally competent providers
- Lack of insurance or underinsured
Decoded is dedicated to becoming the solution to these alarming statistics. But we cannot do it without you! With your help, Decoded will be able to build a state of the therapeutic and community center called, The Safe Space. The Safe Space will be a safe haven for both, youth and adults, struggling with mental illness in Dayton, OH and provide our community with positive, pro-social and informative events. You can can read more about what we’ll be offering here.
Monetary donations are always welcomed as we do our part to #BecomeTheSolution. You can donate through the following: